Badges: the Boy & Girl Scouting of Higher Education
- Teacher Mastery and Feedback Badge Competition: STAGE TWO Opens | Badge Design and Tech | December 12, 2011
- Concept of relationship between interactive badge and our main Earthworks Badges Web site
- Winners Announcement: A Digital Media and Learning Research Competition on Badging and Badge Systems Development
- Badges for Lifelong Learning Webinar: Stage Two Prep | Badge Systems Models and Design | December 15, 2011 @ 1pm EST
- Girl Scouts Design Their Own Badges | An Early Education In Financial Literacy | Forbes.com
The badge framework has a lot going for it. The idea nicely meshes with other alt.ed concepts, like game-based learning, and “knowledge-map” style progress grids that help improve student motivation and achievement tracking. Most importantly, the Badge system has the ability to bring together all types of traditional and non-traditional learning into one flexible, scalable standard. In addition to the standard university degree and the few professional credentials that exist (LEED, CPA, RN, etc.) students will be able to access (and get credit for) their educational experience from a variety of platforms.
The Saxifrage School via http://saxifrageschool.org/badges-the-boy-girl-scouting-of-higher-educat...